Can't send emails from Outlook-since "Connector"

RWBCAM 11:18 02 Sep 2009

Some weeks ago Microsoft sent an email to say I would need Outlook Connector to connect my outlook to Hotmail. Yesterday I suddenly started getting this error message:
Task '[email protected]: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC33) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. The server responded 'Forbidden'. I got the same code on the sending operation.

Since then I've run the Outlook Connector that I downloaded a few weks ago. Underneath my Outlook folder which says Hotmail, it has added a new line showing my email address wth all my sub-folders underneath. These have all been populated and some new emails have come int my Inbox. However when I try to do Send/Receive I'm still getting the same errors. Certainly nothing is leaving my Outbox.
Incidentally, when I send an email they always go into the Outbox under personal folders before going to the Sent folder and not the outbox shown under the hotmail email address.
Any advice would be ratefully received please

oldbeefer2 11:32 02 Sep 2009

Anything in this other thread on a similar subject? click here

RWBCAM 11:40 02 Sep 2009

Thanks oldbeefer. I have read it and I had already downloaded and run the Outlook Connector but I still get the error code.
I also notice that you can change Outlook to POP but then you still have to go to the Hotmail Website to process messages in your Inbox (which remain there as unread). This seems a retrograde step.

RWBCAM 20:43 02 Sep 2009

Success Eureka!!! I've used the downloaded Outlook Connector. It started bringing in new emails to my Inbox but it still was not sending them.
I found if I went to Outlook's Tools, then Accounts settings, the Outlook Connector had set up a new account connecting via MAPI. I then changed this account to be my default. This is the one it now uses for sending. And it appears to be working .... Hurray!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?