through outlook express I keep getting this error message:

Server error 550
Error number 0x800ccc79

I may be hear some time P.C in a bad way

Thanx

Gongoozler 12:23 13 Aug 2006

Is this email always to the same recipient? click here

Jak_1 12:24 13 Aug 2006

message gives a clue : Server error. Have you contacted your isp?
What os and outlook express version are you using and have you checked the settings?

crantock's 16:13 13 Aug 2006

This happens when sending to any one (Gongoozler)
(jak_1) How do i check settings?
Sorry i'm a bit of a novice

Gongoozler 17:07 13 Aug 2006

Hi crantock's. This is a server error, so could well be a problem at your ISP. Is this a new account? You also say "P.C in a bad way" are there other problems?

crantock's 15:24 15 Aug 2006

Hi Gongoozler,

Sorry not replied Very busy. ISP say's all settings ok.
Other problems : V V V slow, always freezes when shutting down, had to remove 256 mem stick something wrong with the slot it goes
into??????? when closing down a program, program not responding window always appears. How do I check to see if there are any programs running in the background when there should'nt be ???????

Is that enough to start with .

Sorry but you did ask.

Thanks, Crantocks

recap 16:01 15 Aug 2006

" had to remove 256 mem stick something wrong with the slot it goes into"

Did you replace the memory in a different slot? If not I would suggest that you do this as it will enalbe the pc to run smoother/faster.

To check what programs are running hold down Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, this will give you the Task Manager. From here you can see which programs are running under the Applications tab.

Ashrich 23:27 15 Aug 2006

Was this a stick of memory you removed or a memory stick ( USB Flash drive ) , PCs are funny sometimes with things left in USB slots when booting or shutting down , also do you have Anti Virus and Anti Spyware software installed and up to date , if so have you scanned your PC with either or both ?

Ashley

Gongoozler 07:14 16 Aug 2006

Hi Crantock's, you had to remove 256M stick of memory. I suspect that the motherboard might be faulty. The only time I've had this problem, I eventually had to replace the motherboard since when the computer has been completely stable. What motherboard do you have?

crantock's 15:31 16 Aug 2006

How do i find what type of motherboard i have?
(Gongoozler)

Ashrich
Stick of memory (not USB flash)

Gongoozler 16:04 16 Aug 2006

Hi Crantock's, download, install and run Belarc Advisor, click here. This will tell you what motherboard you have as well as other useful information about your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017