Can't restore from standby

dona3853 10:27 17 Oct 2006

Hi

Does anybody know how to resolve the following problem. A colleague of mine has a new Mesh desktop pc. When he puts xp into standby/ hibernate mode the pc goes into standby with the power light flashing as with other pc's. However there is no way of bringing it out of standby. Mouse or keyboard movements and pressing the power button do not restore it. He has to fully reboot by holding down the power button. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Miros 10:37 17 Oct 2006

Surely if this is a new Mesh Desk Top PC a quick call to there Tech' support should solve this.
If on XP try a restore point.

dona3853 10:49 17 Oct 2006

Ever tried to contact Mesh technical support? Just wondered in anyone had a quick fix.

Miros 10:54 17 Oct 2006

Quote 'Just wondered in anyone had a quick fix.' unquote.
Don't understand this remark, is it a question or a statement?

The problem re: Tech' support I do understand,you have my sympathy there.

dona3853 10:56 17 Oct 2006

Just wondered if anyone had a quick fix? or perhaps had a similar issue resolved?

De Marcus™ 10:56 17 Oct 2006

Nothing difficult to understand there at all.

Google is usually the bet source of quick fixes click here

also yahoo click here

johnnyrocker 11:03 17 Oct 2006

have a look round power settings in control panel?

johnny.

anskyber 11:11 17 Oct 2006

I always think this is an odd route in to power management

Right click desktop > properties > screensaver > power button and alter your settings there.

Miros 11:22 17 Oct 2006

Out of interest I have just looked at my standby in settings and note it requires 736 MB of space?

That seems a lot of space to me.

anskyber 18:00 17 Oct 2006

Yes. I have a Dell and it came set up with power saving in mind. Very good too. I found that the route out was tedious and slow so whilst its not very green I have disabled it.

On the point you make, I do not know is the answer. It is a lot of space but of course all your work is saved there. What I am unsure about is whether it is then ever usable, I suppose the answer must be no given it is saved for potential stand-by/hibernate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone