Cant renew my IP address

tearinmyhairout 17:56 03 Jan 2006

Anyone else found themselves shouting at that annoying little computer icon with the yellow warning triangle in the corner telling me i have 'limited or no connectivity'?! It wont repair itself and when I tried renewing the IP address manually on the command prompt it said it couldnt access the DHCP server. I am able to connect via USB cable which isnt much good to me has my pc and telephone line are upstairs/downstairs. Could someone help me? x

Forum Editor 18:40 03 Jan 2006

Moving now.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:25 03 Jan 2006

Because I have a similar problem.

mgmcc 20:56 03 Jan 2006

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the little icon will get its "halo" to indicate that it is connected to that network and it should then get its correct IP address by DHCP from the router.

tearinmyhairout 21:13 03 Jan 2006

thank you for your suggestions it was in fact a problem with the router it just wasnt handing out the addresses like it should Ive fixed the problem by using other and configuring the settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone