can't remove program

lesser1010 19:22 01 Nov 2006

can anyone help?i'm trying to remove greenstreet t-shirt maker from my pc hard drive using the program add/remove feature on my pc.i'm running xp.the program wont remove.i've gone into search for files folders and deleted all files that way but on the add/remove program it still says it's there 2.6mb of it and if i ask it to remove it it trys to but doesn't.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:26 01 Nov 2006

Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
2. Locate the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
3. Locate the key to be deleted by locating the key name created by the program. If the name of the key is not apparent, browse through each key and note the value for DisplayName. This is the viewable string in the Add/Remove Programs tool.
4. Using the Registry menu, export the selected registry key to make a backup. Store the .reg file in a safe location in case you need to import it at a later date.
5. Delete the selected registry key and its values. Do not delete the entire Uninstall key.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
7. Verify that the reference in the Add/Remove Programs tool is no longer visible.

anskyber 19:28 01 Nov 2006

"There is no uninstall facility built into the T-Shirt Maker program. This is not necessary. The best way to remove the T-Shirt Maker program is to find the Greenstreet folder and remove it and all of its' subfolders. We also recommend that you remove any Start Menu and Desktop shortcuts or icons that have been created. "

Is what Canon say.

lesser1010 19:54 01 Nov 2006

i've done the above but this damn program wont budge.if i put the cd in it wont delete it eithewr although it tries.it's as though it's blocked from being deleted or reinstalled

rdave13 20:07 01 Nov 2006

Try going back to C/P add/remove it again. If C/P finds the files aren't there it will ask if you want to remove it from the list.

lesser1010 20:22 01 Nov 2006

i've been back to c/p and it's still there

VoG II 20:25 01 Nov 2006

Try this click here

rdave13 20:28 01 Nov 2006

So you've removed every thing associated with this program via the search facillity.
If so try a reboot. Then go to C/P and if it's still there click remove and if no files found then you will be asked if you want to remove it from the list

skidzy 20:31 01 Nov 2006

click here
may be of help.

baldtaco 22:46 01 Nov 2006
  Totally-braindead 22:55 01 Nov 2006

When I have had differcult to remove programs sometimes reinstalling them and then trying to delete them works if not you can delete a large part of it manually from the C drive and then use something like Ccleaner to search for "broken/leftover" programs and delete it that way.
It usually works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017