can't record my tapes to disc

sgtdibble 14:20 22 Jan 2006

I am trying to put some old tapes on to disc
and I am having trouble working Audacity as it
seems to record in small sections. does any one know
how to work Audacity or A free download of a similar program as only have a few to do not worth buying a program for

FreeCell 14:33 22 Jan 2006

We are talking audio tapes?
Try PolderbitS.
click here

Free for either 15 or 30 days can't remember which. Will record tapes in MP3 to disc and even split tracks into separate files allowing you to save them individually.

hzhzhz 14:37 22 Jan 2006

Ive had polderbits for a year now and I like it. You do get a free trial for 2 weeks.

sgtdibble 15:41 22 Jan 2006

Thanks FreeCell and hzhzhz I shall download
PolderbitS and give it a go I will leave the question open a bit longer to if any more are
added

pj123 17:04 22 Jan 2006

Go out to your local newsagent and buy the March Issue 128 of the DVD PCA Advisor magazine.

LP Recorder v5 free full program. I have been using LP Recorder since the start. I am now on version 7 but v5 will do exactly what you want.

It may also be prudent to get LP Ripper.

Check the website out: click here

Diemmess 17:25 22 Jan 2006

I like Audacity, and if its not too late......
The signal you put in must be in the right quality and volume, though there is scope in Audacity to do lots of editing and effects as well as "Export" in various formats.

Basic stuff
Open NEW PROJECT.

When ready to feed the tape click on record and run the tape.
When the tape has finished (however long) click on stop.

Now SAVE the project before you do anything else, and give the project a name.
You can expand the visible trace, edit, play, and stop anywhere you want click on any part and play from there.

BUT you can't have everything for nothing and it is vital if you make much changes to keep clicking Save (the Project) or if you want, save the project as another name.
If you do too much without saving, the program will hang and you can start hair tearing!

Finally when you feel like it, you can EXPORT_As a wav file and keep overwriting that as the work is completed.

sgtdibble 18:22 22 Jan 2006

pj123 I get pca cd edition delivered so if it can
be avoided I don't want to get another pca (good as it is) to get the dvd the version on the cd only copies 4min at a time thanks anyway
Diemmess no I haven't removed Audacity yet so I will try your suggestion to see if it will do a whole tape and not split it into 10sec bits
Thanks to both

pj123 11:38 23 Jan 2006

The DVD has the full version 5 with no restrictions. Got to be worth a fiver???

FreeCell 16:46 23 Jan 2006

I tried LP Recorder some time ago so maybe it has changed with later releases but the feature on PolderBits of automatically splitting up tracks from recording was a feature not in LP Recorder. Does it do that now?

woodchip 16:49 23 Jan 2006

click here

Only for Win2000 and XP

EJ1947 21:40 23 Jan 2006

Try JetAudio from here click here

It converts, records, rips - all for free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?