Can't recieve any data

Chris_c 00:31 29 May 2003

My computer is ahving problems with the internet at the moment. When I try to connect to the internet, the modem dials fine and i get the connected icon in the tray, but no programs can access the internet. According to the connection status, data is being sent, but nothing is recieved except for ~360 bytes that are recieved immediately after it connects. I have tried reinstalling Internet explorer, the modem drivers, the network protocols, and even windows itself and nothing i try solves the problem. I know it's not the phone line or the ISP because I can connect to the internet using the same account and phone line, but from a different computer. This problem has stumped me and I have no idea as to how to fix it. If anyone can think of anything that might help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chris

Terrahawk 01:06 29 May 2003

do you have a firewall installed?

Chris_c 01:31 29 May 2003

I haven't got any firewalls installed

edkny 02:42 29 May 2003

call your isp tech support and ask for the DNS settings.

keith-236785 08:41 29 May 2003

Faulty modem perhaps, see if someone will Lend you one. if not they are only about a tenner at pcworlds component center, cheaper from mail order but dont forget the HIDDEN delivery charges and having to wait two days

graham√ 10:06 29 May 2003

This may work, you need to clear your browser cache, if it is full you cannot access any more pages. Now it's a race to find out how! I've done it once under instruction on the phone, so I will try and find the route!

graham√ 10:22 29 May 2003

Try control panel, Internet Options, General, Clear History. Can't do any harm!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?