cant receive emails in windows mail

Kingfisher 18:58 02 Mar 2009

Can anyone advise please, my friend has a 1.8ghz vista basic laptop, have tried to set up her email account and so have bt.she can send herself a test email and receives it ok, she can send emails ok to any receipient and they receive them ok, but she cannot receive any emails from anybody else, have deleted and recreated email account and again a test email to her own email account she gets back ok, all her friends show the emails that they are trying to send to her as sent with no failures, have even sent test yahoo emails they come back ok.BT say that it must be something to do with pc, I am not sure what else to try, any help would be appreciated
many thanks

Forum Editor 19:07 02 Mar 2009
  Kingfisher 19:16 02 Mar 2009

Thanks F E as soon as I can get hold of her I will ask her to do as you have requested
Many Thanks

Graham. 19:23 02 Mar 2009

Can she see them on the server click here

Kingfisher 19:35 02 Mar 2009

Only her test emails, but she has just phoned me to see that she has just received a load of emails sent out to her about two hours ago
dont know if problem has resolved its self
also she is in the process of sending an email to the F E

Kingfisher 19:37 02 Mar 2009

I hope she has sent you the test email now

Forum Editor 23:31 02 Mar 2009

and replied to it.

The reply hasn't bounced, so it's on your friend's ISP's inbound mailserver. I've asked her to respond to me when she sees the message.

Kingfisher 19:31 03 Mar 2009

Thanks for your help will contact her tomorrow to see if she has done as you requested

Kingfisher 16:06 04 Mar 2009

sorry for the delay in getting back to you but just spoken to her and she says she did not receive your email, or the one I sent to her, cant work this one out

Kingfisher 13:21 05 Mar 2009

hi all just to advise that I have sorted the problem,it seems that all the emails that she did not receive were in a spam folder in bt.yahoo and a boxed in options was ticked to say dont down load items deemed by Spamguard to be spam,so unticked the box and all seems ok.
thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?