Cant receive emails

hawthorn59 02:41 01 Jun 2007

Hi

Ive just got my laptop back form being repaired. While it was away i had another HP on loan from the shop. I set up my email accounts on that one so I was able to work with email while waiting.

Now i have my own back, but dont appear to be able to receive emails. I sent a couple from one of my accounts to the other an hour ago, and havent received them yet.

I cant do it on the borrowed laptop either.

Im using OE, have checked all the settings and they seem to be as you were. Is it anything to do with having my accounts set up on both pcs, or if not what can be wrong?

h

Forum Editor 07:01 01 Jun 2007

about trying to login to a POP3 mailbox on two different computers at the same time. Sometimes the mailbox will lock if you try to do that, and there'll be a delay before it unlocks and can be used again.

Could that be the problem here?

If it's not, then try sending an email to yourself - you mention 'one of my accounts', which suggests that you have more than one mailbox - send an email to yourself using the same account, does that work?

hawthorn59 10:00 01 Jun 2007

Well what you're saying would seem to be the problem here, I think you're right. This morning I've just checked it and the emails have arrived.

Thanks!

p;3 17:21 01 Jun 2007

you learn sumunt new every day::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?