Can't receive from an Email address

Baz48 20:16 19 Jun 2008

I can send emails to my friend but I can't receive them. We both have web based addresses, and both send and receive other email without problems. His emails are not even going to my bulk/spam folder.

What could cause this?

chub_tor 20:19 19 Jun 2008

Are you certain that your friend is spelling your email address correctly? Has he tried using Reply To and the emails still fail to arrive?

Baz48 21:13 19 Jun 2008

Yes, he has typed the address in and just used the reply. I have also tried one of my "disposable" Yahhoo addresses with no luck.

Today I actually saw my address on his computer and sent an email but I never received it.

chub_tor 22:41 20 Jun 2008

Baz48 says that he has a web based address, I am assuming Hotmail or something similar, so he may not have POP forwarding. But it is very strange isn't it?

Simsy 09:09 21 Jun 2008

She is with tiscali.

The sender concerned wasn't appearing in her spam, and I couldn't find the address concerned in the filtering rules, (we're talking webmail here), but turning off the filtering enabled the contributors email to get through.

Perhaps it's somethign similar. See if you can turn off spam filtering.

Even if you dont want to leave it like that it might isolate the problem.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

birdface 09:17 21 Jun 2008

See if you have accidently put him in the blocked sender list.

Baz48 21:05 26 Jun 2008

Thank you for the replies. Sorry but I have been away for a few days.

I am not very email literate and I don't know exactly what a hotmail account is. My account is with BT Yahoo Mail and is a "btinternet.com" address. I don't know what program I am using to receive the mail as I just log on to email from my Yahoo home page.
Last week I went into the "bulk folder options" and in "pop access & forwarding" I ticked the box "I want to receive messages including those that spamguard thinks are spam". This has made no difference and I still am not receiving my friend's mail. I am however receiving other mail and spam.

Baz48 21:06 26 Jun 2008

Buteman,
I wouldn't know where the blocked senders list is.

birdface 09:44 28 Jun 2008

Sorry but I don't have BT Yahoo Mail.In Incredimail and Outlook express it comes under Tools.Blocked senders.Maybe someone with your E-Mail provider will be able explain to you how to find it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?