Can't Print In Outlook Express

naissonej 15:19 27 Jan 2007

I wonder if anyone can help please

I can't print out my correspondence that I receive in Outlook Express. When I click on print a box comes up stating Internet "Explorer Script Error etc. the message ends with do you want to continue running scripts on this page? yes or no" I've agreed to both of these options and it still won't print.

I can print in other programmes.

This error message first appeared when I attempted to print out a web page directly from the Internet, I thought it was just one of those websites that won't permit you to do this so I was surprised this message came up in outlook express and is preventing me from printing, the message doesn't come up in word and I can print as normal.

I'm unable to printout all my business correspondence in outlook express so I'm desperate to rectify this asap please also please bare in mind that I have only basic computer literacy!!!!!

naissonej

VoG II 15:25 27 Jan 2007

Previous thread click here

click here

and download the file. Place it in

C:\windows\system32

then try the fix again.

naissonej 15:41 27 Jan 2007

Hi again,

Not all your message is stated could you put in the first part please

many thanks

Jackcoms 16:33 27 Jan 2007

"Not all your message is stated could you put in the first part please"

I thank that VoG™'s message is pretty clear. How much more information do you need?

He has asked you to download a missing ole32.dll file and place it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

naissonej 16:46 27 Jan 2007

No it wasn't to me

He hadn't stated that it was a ole32.dll file that I needed to download, now you have informed which is very much appreciated

As I've not down loaded a file before where do I go to find this file and how do I do it? I have already made it clear that I am a beginner and I think my questions are clarifying this

Jackcoms 16:54 27 Jan 2007

"He hadn't stated that it was a ole32.dll file that I needed to download"

Yes he did. That was clear from the link he provided in his post of 15:25.

Here's the link again click here

Scroll down to where it says 'click here to go to the download of ole32.dll'

Click on that link.

Download the file to, say, your desktop.

Then unzip the file and save it to the C:\Windows\System32 folder on your PC.

naissonej 17:12 27 Jan 2007

I've down loaded the file which is now on my desktop, I don't know how to unzip it as I do not have the Express zip programme that they have used in their tutorial please advise

Jackcoms 17:17 27 Jan 2007

Use this Zip utility instead click here

Download the 7-Zip 4.42 .exe file for Windows (32-bit) to your desktop.

naissonej 19:47 27 Jan 2007

I apologise for the delay I lost my Internet connection

I've down loaded the 7- Zip File Manager but I've having to admit defeat I just can't fathom how to use it, I've looked in the help but it doesn't make any sense to me. The Zip Express instructions I can understand but unfortunately they are not compatible with my programme.

Please can you advise as to how I unzip the file using the 7- Zip File Manager please

naissonej 20:59 27 Jan 2007

Hi,

I've now seen if I right click on the ole32 zip file a list of options come up, I'm assuming that next step could be selecing the extract files option, extract it to C:\Windows\System32 and select overwrite without prompt , then ok

I've not proceeded with the above as chances are it's completely wrong! please advise

VoG II 21:01 27 Jan 2007

Do exactly that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?