Can't print across home network !

Paul33 11:34 14 Nov 2007

For some strange reason, I'm unable to print across my home wireless network ...... having had no problems up to now.

When I check the print queue, the jobs are there and the top one states "printing" but it seems to stop after transferring about 90% of the file over (eg: 90kb/100kb shows in queue).

My local PC, connected to the printer, works fine.

Any ideas ?

mikesuther 12:15 14 Nov 2007

I take it that if you are like me you leave your router on permanently and that it is connected to your pc using a lan cable, and your printer is connected to pc via a usb cable. if that is the case i have a couple of ideas. first turn off the router wait for thirty seconds then turn back on, if this does not work have you tried printing from the pc directly to printer if that works then it would suggest that the file and printer sharing settings have altered. if you goto the printers page on your laptop and delete the printer then click on add printer, then when it says connection type either network or peer to peer select network and insert the disk that came with printer. I hope you find this of some help

Paul33 14:24 14 Nov 2007

Thanks ...... a simple re-boot of the laptop seems to have cured it for now !

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?