Cant play back burnt CD on car/home stereo

David-235429 21:04 15 Jan 2006

Hello

I am very frustrated! I have downloaded a sample track on to my pc and burnt it to CD using WMP and again using Nero. I know the track has been burnt successfully bcos I played it on my laptop but the CD will not play in the home Sony stereo or the car.

A mate gave me a CD he'd burnt of downloaded tracks and it played OK in the home stereo and the car stereo.

Help..what am i doing wrong?!

David

woodchip 21:08 15 Jan 2006

You may not have closed the disc = Finalised

David-235429 21:21 15 Jan 2006

The disc was ejected at the end of the process

Freddog™ 21:25 15 Jan 2006

I don't think that means it was finalised.

woodchip 21:25 15 Jan 2006

Yes but it as to be closed when burned if you want to play on another CD player. After it's Closed you cannot write anymore files to the CD. Check the disc in NERO to see if it's writable. If it is then you will not get a message for you to put a writable disc in, and it will still let you drag files to the disc

rdave13 21:32 15 Jan 2006

Ashampoo burning studios 5 gives the option to burn CD's to any player . An excellent program and very easy to use.

Totally-braindead 21:49 15 Jan 2006

Either you have not finalised it as the others have said or, in the case of a MP3 file you've burnt it as DATA, if burnt as DATA the only stand alone CD player that can read it is one that has the MP3 logo on it.

David-235429 21:55 15 Jan 2006

So how do I finalise the disc? It seems to go through the copying process then when its finished it ejects the CD

HXP 22:23 15 Jan 2006

If you are they won't work in car - you need cd-r (write once & finalise) disks - if they are labelled CD-RW you have re writable disks that will not play in most cars / home stereos

HXP

David-235429 22:45 15 Jan 2006

Thanks,will try tomorrow copying to CD-R, I've been trying CD-RW

madPentium 08:20 16 Jan 2006

when you burn the cd, you get options for multisession. On one tab you select NO MULTISESSION and on another tab you tick FINALIZE CD, NO FURTHER WRITING POSSIBLE.
Then burn it.
Dont burn it at FULL speed either, or the car may skip, step it down a peg or 2, its still very quick but worth the little extra waiting time. I suggest X24.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017