Cant play Amazon samples

hawthorn59 03:59 27 Mar 2007

Im trying to play clips from an album on Amazon. But I get a message saying I have to download a plugin. When I click install missing plugin, I get "no suitable plugin found". So I chose manual instal and it takes me to this page

click here

where I am now lost...!

Im using Firefox and this is a new laptop.

thanks

h

terryfow 04:20 27 Mar 2007

Do a search or go to a folder called sample music and double click on a tune in their to see if you can listen to that tune. This should tell you whether you have a player installed. If not on the media player download site just choose player 11 for xp (if xp is your os) and install it

eedcam 09:02 27 Mar 2007

have you installed real player? thats what amazon uses unless you use Amazon.com which uses windows media player

hawthorn59 14:50 27 Mar 2007

Oh I have a player allright - Media Player 10 and iTunes. And Im already using amazon.com, it gives clips for real player and media player.

OK i went away there for a few minutes and tried something.....AND I have no problem playing them in IE. SO its a Firefox problem. Firefox is actually beginning to annoy me now, first in v2 I discover theres no Read Mail button anymore, and now I can't play media player files. In the earlier version of Firefox it was the same, but I just didn't bother trying to solve it.

Has firefox a help or support site I can email..??

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?