Can't open Splash.jpg

Graham ® 19:40 03 Jul 2004

Whilst having a clear out, I mistakenly uninstalled InterVideo WinDVD, a program for viewing DVDs that came with my HP PC.

A System Restore got it back, but now on starting the program I get the above message. Clicking OK or X does not close it, and as it keeps refreshing, task manager can't end it until it times out.

Have done a SFC, nothing found. I posted on the Helproom, but no takers so far. I'm posting on here because I believe this may be a website term.

Any help appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 17:47 04 Jul 2004

Can you reinstall the program?

Splash.jpg is often the name given to the image used as a splash screen when a program opens up. Try creating an image (or remaning one as splash.jpg) and put it into the folder with the rest of the program. Can't do any harm I suppose...

Graham ® 18:46 04 Jul 2004

I can't re-install as it is bundled software. I will try putting a photo in the folder, though, as a temporary measure, but I won't get any buttons.

I'm trying to download a new skin from click here, but they must have turned it off for the weekend!

Pauper 20:32 04 Jul 2004

Graham, just did a search for the location for this file and it comes up as follows:

c:\Program Files\InterVideo\WinDVD4\Skins\WinDVD 4\Video Window

(or as appropriate for your system/version).

If you want I will send you a copy of the file - or, as you say, just chuck anothr pic in there with the correct name and see what happens.

Graham ® 20:50 04 Jul 2004

Thanks, I had a look for it myself previously, but it's not there. Will resume in the morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?