Can't open or delete certain emails in windowsmail

Tina19721 19:44 09 Apr 2008

We purchased a new pc a few weeks ago. Hp Pavilion slimline 320gb hdd (7200 rpm).

The operating system is windows vista premium.

The last few days some of my messages will not open and I am unable to delete them either,

The message keeps coming up:

Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

Can anyone advise me as to what I can do to resolve this?

Many thanks

Tina

BurrWalnut 20:09 09 Apr 2008

This works for most mail boxes, try it click here You may still have to delete the stuck message after applying the fix. Remember where the fix is as you are likely to need it again.

Corrupt mail store, try this little program click here

Tina19721 22:46 09 Apr 2008

I think that that has solved my problem. I have had no new emails so I cannot tell if any others will get stuck, but it has let me delete the ones that won't open which it would not allow me to do before which is brilliant.

Thank you very much!!!!

BurrWalnut 09:49 10 Apr 2008

If you're having problems with email, the first and easiest test is to send one to yourself.

Stuartli 11:16 10 Apr 2008

Not sure if this will apply equally to Vista systems, but if anyone is having problems deleting e-mails with the normal Delete method, highlighting a message or messages and using Shift+Delete will remove stubborn examples.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?