can't log in to website members areas

oddgeezer 16:02 14 Oct 2006

XP SP2: 4 user profiles. Problem 1: Ran Spybot, Adaware, NTL Netguard antispyware and CWshredder in all 4 profiles, having shown hidden files etc., to try to clear problem with pop-ups (not stopped by pop-up-stopper). Nothing found except CWshredder found and deleted one entry. Pop-ups not stopped (some headed Zone Media in title bar). Any ideas?
Problem 2: Internet Explorer: In my user profile, Webpages open, but pictures blanked out in red. I tried to log on to membership pages of 3 websites (2 not PC related and PC advisor) but couldn’t log in. Switched to another user profile and same websites OK and I was able to log-in. The other 2 user profiles are OK. As far as I can see the I.E. settings for all 4 profiles are the same.

Grateful for any help
Oddgeezer

skidzy 17:56 14 Oct 2006

Try these:

Online scan click here

Ewido click here

Repair images that are blocked click here

Repair IE6 click here

Im sure there will be plenty of other tips,but if all else fails run HJT Hijackthis click here run from the desktop and post the log click here here they have the experts to advise accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 14 Oct 2006

Messenger Pop ups click here

Check you security and privicy settings in your profile.

oddgeezer 09:31 16 Oct 2006

Thanks for your help, some very useful links. Strange, but the next time I switched on the PC, I could log into members areas via my user profile, but the blanked out gif pictures are still the same. The registry string mentioned in one of the links is OK. I expect if it wasn’t then the problem would have affected IE in all user profiles. Checked the privacy settings, advanced tab (show pictures) and they seem to be OK in the user profiles that don’t have the problem, so I suppose it must be related to something in my user profile settings. Need to take some time over this one, but the answer must be there somewhere.

Thanks again,
Oddgeezer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?