cant log into outlook express

I-W 11:20 22 Oct 2004

I may be a bit vague here as I'm looking to this problem for someone else but here's the problem and the info I have. I'm using windows xp and cant log into outlook express. when I do I get this message "There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop3.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92" The password has been saved for automatic sign in and from what I gather it's not been changed and has been used till a short time ago. Can anyone shed some light on the problem? Many thanks.

MAJ 11:27 22 Oct 2004

The incoming mail server's address for Tiscali is pop.tiscali.co.uk not 'pop3.tiscali.co.uk', I-W. Open OE and go to Tools > Accounts, select the Tiscali account, click Properties, then the Servers tab and correct the server's address. Click Apply and OK to exit.

I-W 11:38 22 Oct 2004

That solved one problem but still cant log. Does the server have to be "pop" or "pop3"?

MAJ 12:19 22 Oct 2004

The server is a POP3 server but the address is as I stated above. What do mean by "but still cant log"? Try to be clear, please.

I-W 12:26 22 Oct 2004

I changed the po3 to pop but still getting this message "There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

MAJ 12:33 22 Oct 2004

Try the solution offered by Tiscali click here , I-W, see if it helps.

I-W 12:36 22 Oct 2004

Ok i'll have a look. Thanks for your time and effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?