Cant log onto internet after 1 hour or later

watteneer 10:34 03 Jan 2014

After I have come out of the internet and leave the computer on after an hour or so I cant manage to log on after about 2 minutes waiting I get a message stating there is no connection problems After I reboot or restart hub I works ok. I contacted BT but they want me to pay for this service as they think there is something wrong with my computer which there is not I have even reformatted computer but with the same problems this is driving me potty Any help would be greatful Peter Win 7 64bit, BT Yahoo, IE 11, running AVG anti Virus

chub_tor 10:59 03 Jan 2014

Go to Device Manager and scroll down to Network Adapters, Right Click each one in turn and then click on Properties, open the Power Management Tab and check that the box stating "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not ticked. If it is then click on it to turn off the tick. Do this for both your Ethernet and Wireless Adapters if you have them.

spuds 11:14 03 Jan 2014

Seems more like your set-up is wrong, rather than the BT side of things. Do as suggested by chub_tor, and come back with the results.

Another suggestion if above fails, is to get into your router by administrator rights, and perhaps check the log there?.

Rather surprised that BT didn't offer better support on perhaps a common problem. If that had been TalkTalk support, they would have perhaps offered a talk-around the situation. TalkTalk are not always receiving high praise at times for support, but in a case like this, they would have offered a possible answer or likely solution?.

lotvic 11:15 03 Jan 2014

"After I have come out of the internet and leave the computer on"

How are you doing this "come out of the internet"?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:58 03 Jan 2014

Also check hub settings it can be set to minimise use (mine switches off between midnight and 6 am)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?