Can't load microsoft office pages PLEAE HELP!

I have a laptop and a pC. Both bought this yr, the laptop being six months older than the PC. Both run Vista and have Kapersky Security.I bought a student licence for Microsoft office Suite it is a two pc licence. I loaded the software on the laptop first and it runs fine.
On the PC (loaded second) i cannot go to the microsoft office download pages. If I do the webpage goes blank and the url at the top flashes between three different page addresses at the bottom it clicks between connecting to, and done. The blank page flashes and clicks and cannot be shut down.
If I go into word or publisher and click insert clip art and then try to download from online the same thing happens.
It is driving me mad and micrsoft are not much help. can anybody help???

thanks- I'll give it a try, one of the urls that flashes up has an error in it (that is the word error). I know the page is ok because I have no problems from the laptop (either going to the page or inserting clipart). I think it might also be an issue with Windows Live as if I am not "signed in", it asks me to sign in then goes to the crazy blank page. Downstairs windows live wasn't set up and if I try to download clipart it goes straight to the download page without asking me to sign into windows live.
I'm using IE8

Yes that's the page but I can't get to it, I get the Windows live sign in box and if I sign in it all goes pear shaped, if I don't sign in it doesn't go anywhere.
Downstairs on the laptop I don't need windows live. I'd like to cancel the whole live thing but I don't know how to!

Woolwell 22:06 28 Sep 2009

May be a silly question but have you registered/activated the product on both systems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?