Cant load driver on Packard Bell laptop

BIGKREM 12:51 11 Jun 2008

Hi folks,
I recently reformated my sons Packard Bell Easynote laptop installing Windows XP. All seems well except I cant use it wirelessly now, suspecting I needed a driver, I subscibed to a driver location site hoping it would automatically find and install.It doesnt so I downloaded the driver but there is no exe file or install file, and that was from the manufacturers site.Should I just be dragging the whole file somewhere or what? Cheers,
Krem

Taff™ 17:27 11 Jun 2008

Did you get the laptop from PC World by any chance? Follow this anyway. click here={ad69e70c-dcc7-48b5-86c5-b0980ea8a905}&ID={1d5da0f0-60f6-49fe-a9de-d3386432e315} You may just find all the drivers you need.

Taff™ 17:29 11 Jun 2008

Sorry! Follow the "Click Here" above and then click on the Product Support at the top right. Then choose Packard Bell from beneath laptops and follow the wizard. You may want to take a note of the serial number from the bottom of the laptop first.

woodchip 18:13 11 Jun 2008

It should show in Device Manager as a Yellow Icon right click the Icon choose update the driver, choose have disc, point it to the downloaded driver

woodchip 18:14 11 Jun 2008

If there is a .inf file right click it and choose install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?