cant link up to wireless

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 19:20 17 Jan 2011

Despite having BT wirless modem, pc is telling me there are no wireless networks in range. I have reset it, but nothing (wireless light is on on modem)

I have posted this twice as I need to take laptop to another room and I can't untill I am wireless....

Thanks

stlucia2 19:42 17 Jan 2011

How long has this problem persisted?

Have you powered down your wireless modem, and then switched it on again? The other day my smartphone couldn't detect any Wi-Fi signal from my Netgear modem, even though the wireless light was illuminated on the modem. After I powered the modem down for a few hours, and then switched on again, my phone found the signal immediately. The phone was displaying other nearby Wi-Fi signals, so I know the fault was in the modem.

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 19:47 17 Jan 2011

I will let you know.

Will phone BT if not resolved

Nontek 20:21 17 Jan 2011

If you have a spare Ethernet connection socket on your modem, a pair of these will solve your problem. I use the same for my laptop, they are great and extremely simple to use - just plug in and go!!

click here

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 20:32 17 Jan 2011

where would i plug them into?

Nontek 20:55 17 Jan 2011

Each plug comes with its own ethernet cable - one plug is connected to modem/router and to a nearby mains socket. The other plug is connected to the ethernet port on laptop and to a nearby mains socket - job done, that is all there is to it. Connecting laptop this way is also slightly quicker then wireless connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017