cant install scanner

stourry 14:00 01 Feb 2005

running win xp pro with sp1 have tried to install scanner canonscan n340p using original disc but disc wont aoto run install when go to start run and get that way drive error occurs stating attempt to access invalid address.
thought this could be because scanner originally for use with win98
went to canon web site downloaded xp drives self extract file thsi will not open any advice would be appreciated
thanks in advance
ray

Meshuga 14:12 01 Feb 2005

Hi stourry. I had the same problem with my canon scanner and finished up buying a new one, not a canon though. It appears that some periferals just wont work. Never did find out why. Sorry can`t be of more help.

SEASHANTY 16:13 01 Feb 2005

Did you try a Google search on this?
click here

stourry 19:19 01 Feb 2005

thanks for advice hope dont need new scanner i just bought epson rx425 wife cant have money

have looked at review site will take closer look later but worried it may be optical drives that are causing problem put scanner disc on my machine rin win xp pro and auto started okay will have to open up and check
once again thanks ray

SEASHANTY 10:20 02 Feb 2005

Even if the install disc will not autorun in your CD
drive you can go into "MY COMPUTER" right click on the drive into which you inserted the install CD-ROM and select "OPEN" You should then be able to select the install.exe from the displayed contents. Just double click on the .exe file and it should install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017