Can't install Eudora

brian132 21:14 29 May 2003

I have twice in the last few days downloaded Eudora 5.2.1 to my desktop. On completion of the download I have clicked on the Eudora icon on my desktop to open the file and have accepted the offer to install. The installation begins to take place and then stops. A window appears with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside. It is headed
" can't run the 16-bit windows program" and below this it says
" Cannot find file c:\Docume~\Owner\LOCALS ~\Temp\pft\setup.exe( or in one of its components). Check to ensure that the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.
I have not got a clue what this means . All I would like to be able to do is to successfully install Eudora ( which I have used in the past on several occasions. Please help. Thank you.

Lú-tzé 08:07 30 May 2003

Try copying the downloaded install program file from the desktop to a folder somewhere in C drive (eg c:\eudora_install) and try running from there.

brian132 19:14 30 May 2003

Hi Lu-tze,

You are BRILLIANT-JUST BRILLIANT!!!
I copied it from my desktop to Program files and it installed itself .! I have started to use it already. How your suggestion worked I do not know, but I wish to say a HUGE THANKYOU. CHEERS!!!

Lú-tzé 19:37 30 May 2003

I'm blushing :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone