Can't install BT Broadband

Apron 09:10 12 Aug 2006

Running 98SE.
All went swimmingly till asked for set up disc. Had to obtain one. Foolishly (now I know) I removed all that I had installed. Got disc - tried again. BT CD thinks that I am nearly there and will not start at the beginning. Three weeks of trying with BT has got me nowhere. Can I go back to the beginning?

Forum Editor 10:27 12 Aug 2006

in order to use BT broadband - you can do the necessary configuration yourself. Post back, telling us exactly what it is you don't understand, and one of us will step you through the procedure.

Cymro. 11:29 12 Aug 2006

When I first went with BT I was on the help line for 3 hours and still they did not get it up and running for me. They insisted that it was my computer that was to blame. In desperation I called them again the next day and another of their operators got it all working for me in 20 minutes.It seem there is an element of luck with who is on the other end of the BT help line.

Apron 06:01 13 Aug 2006

Thank you so much for taking time to help a silly old woman.

This was entirely my fault. When I was asked for a set up disc I thought that I could quite happily start again when I got one. I unhooked all the equipment and removed the software. Now the installation won't start at the beginning.(Welcome back!) I can't remember all the instructions, so I'm stymied. There may be some software still on that I do not recognise of course.Can I make my PC forget that it has met the installation disc before.

Apron 11:04 15 Aug 2006

I persevered with BT. Spoke eventually to an amazing young woman who has fixed my problem.
Thank you all for your time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?