Cant install Adobe Flash browser freezes?

Sparkly 18:26 20 Oct 2009

Hi all just been asked to look at a pc belonging to some pensioner nearby, they use YouTube a lot to find video of Bing crosby and the such just lately when they go to the site it tells them that "You either have javascript turned off or have an older version of Adobe's Flash Player "Get the latest Flash player here".
When i click it and go to adobe website each time i click to install i get the yellow bar telling me that this website wants to install the following addon Adobe DLM from adobe systems but each time i click on it the teatimer curser appears and the browser hangs and is I.E is not responding. I have ran MBAM and SAS all come back clean. Is ther away of downloading the flash player and saving it to the pc and then run it?
XP Home SP3
All windows updates installed.

rdave13 18:33 20 Oct 2009

Try the uninstaller first; click here
Try reinstalling from here; click here
You can save it to desktop first, then close the browser, and other running programs such as Windows Live Messenger and install Flash.
Scroll further down and you can download the non-IE flash player for Opera, Firefox etc. if needed.

rdave13 18:34 20 Oct 2009

Should have added, after running the uninstaller then reboot the PC.

Sparkly 19:07 20 Oct 2009

rdave13
Thanks will get straight on to it....

Sparkly 20:04 20 Oct 2009

Hi rdave13
All sorted many thanks for your assistance.

rdave13 20:21 20 Oct 2009

Glad it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?