cant hear voices using messenger with web cam

second best 19:34 27 Jan 2004

hi, i have just connected my fugi finepix camera to my pc as a web cam, and tried to have a voice conversation with a house mate of mine in the next room.. he can see me but he cant hear me. can you give me any advice on what i might be doing wrong. thanks

johnnyrocker 19:36 27 Jan 2004

have you run the audio wizard? msn has probs with sound you are much better off with yahoo messenger/netmeeing or eyeballchat.com

johnny.

second best 19:38 27 Jan 2004

hi johnny, the sound with everything else is fine. my microphone works as do my headset. just not hearng ant voice. but i'll take what you said, and try something else.

AubreyS 19:51 27 Jan 2004

I think that there is a problem using voice with Messenger. Myself and a friend have not been able to use it for sometime. We use Yahoo Messenger. click here

second best 20:05 27 Jan 2004

aubrey, i have tried to create an account in yahoo, but when trying to enter my post code, it is saying it is invalid. and asking for only 5 digits?

AubreyS 20:06 27 Jan 2004

Try putting in 5 digits then. I just make up any postcodes.

second best 20:06 27 Jan 2004

tried already, dont work..

bremner 20:08 27 Jan 2004

Set up audio in Messenger for the kids and they have no problem talking to their friends so if there is a problem its not across the board.

second best 20:10 27 Jan 2004

damn, thanks bremner. can you tell me what i might be doing wrong with msn then?

bremner 20:16 27 Jan 2004

All I did was ensure the microphone was working.

Then run the audio /video tuning wizard in Tools.

When you connect with someone you then click on Audio, the other person then has to accept the invitation and off you go.

Johnny Boy Blue 22:33 27 Jan 2004

Me and my dad have downloaded the latest version of MSN Messenger 6.1 and are using Logitech Webcams.

We are having this exact problem. Have used the tuning wizard and all is ok. But still no voice in MSN Messenger.

We are now using Yahoo Messenger 5.6 which seems to work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires