Can't get to Tiscali via Ffox/IE from remote comp

Shas 10:05 08 Feb 2005

Should there be any reason why I can't access Tiscali through IE or Firefox?

I use AOL bb at work and Tiscali PAYG at home and I can't access my tiscali email through my work computer, (hubby's business so have no access limitations.) I can get straight to the Tiscali site through AOL but after logging on to 'check your email', the screen toggles from 'opening page' to 'done' at 19 to the dozen and gets no further, (nothing new there, it's always done that but never a problem because I could always connect through IE.)

Can't do that now though, the site just won't open up - the progress bar gets about a quarter of the way then stops. Same with Firefox - stays on loading for ever.

Tried through Google but the same happens - click on any of the Tiscali links and it just sits for ages with the hourglass.

Irrespective of not being able to get to the email bit, I can't understand why I can get to Tiscali's site immediately via AOL but not Firefox or IE. Have tried disabling firewall, no difference.

Windows 2000 Pro, IE6. Any ideas much appreciated :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie