Can't get in safe mode or anything

Amy28john32 01:39 08 Dec 2011

My husband passed last night before he can fix the puter again.. I need to get this fixed cause all of our memories are in it.. I tried the F all of them tried everything wont open windows nothing.. I get screen saying.. American Megatrends BIOS Release date PO1-A2 This BIOS Iis exclusively for eMachines only. IPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250u processor CPUID: OF62h STepping : 02h L1 Cache: 256 KM L2 Cache : 2048 KB L3 Cache : n/a Speed : 1.60 GHZ COunt : 2 Memory Clock : DDR2 MHz Entering Setup.... Press F12 for BBS POPUP AMD NOrth Bridge, Rev C2 VMM Rom Verision : 4.093.35 168MB Ok ( 256md shared memory size used ) Auto Dteciing SATA PORT1. IDE Hard Disk Auto Deteecign SATA Port2.. Atapi Cdrom Data port1: st3750528AS CC44 Ultra DMA Mode-6 S.M.A.R.T. capable and status BAD Data POrT2: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N MN01 Ultra DMA Mode-5 Hard master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T. Status BAD, Backup, and replace Press F1 To resume..

this is what my puter says to me.. THen i do press the F1 it goes to black screen.. please someone help me

ICF 06:24 08 Dec 2011

Are you using windows XP if so try this Xp Repair install

PMonck 11:52 08 Dec 2011

I would suggest that you do not attempt any sort of repair install.

If your hard disk is reporting S.M.A.R.T. status as bad, then it's probably failing and in need of replacement.

It's likely that you will have to perform some form of data recovery to retrieve your files and any further installations on this disk will only hamper your chances of getting them back.

I suggest you take your PC to someone with some experience of data recovery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?