cant get into safe mode

dawnyworld 20:53 22 Jan 2005

hi all ive been trying for a few weeks now but i cant get into safe mode as it finishes loading it restarts running xp pro aslo my m8ts pc is doing the same any ideas ???

thanks DW

dawnyworld 20:54 22 Jan 2005

also i might add the pc is running fine as is windows i only found i cant get into safe mode when i tryed to update drivers and was going to run driver cleaner

VoG II 21:04 22 Jan 2005
  Sans le Sou 21:08 22 Jan 2005

Can be tricky sometimes, you have to hit f8 before xp loads, try tapping f8 at the end of the on screen gobbldy gook. If you have a Mesh with the F10 option, hit f8 as the f10 option goes out.

Sans le Sou 21:16 22 Jan 2005

There is an option on the Boot ini. part of system config .Check the safeboot tab and restart. You will have to uncheck it when finished or you will boot into safe mode forever.

Graham ® 21:21 22 Jan 2005

:-)

dawnyworld 21:22 22 Jan 2005

hi i know how to get into safe mode but it restarts when its finished loading

have checked the boot.ini in msconfig and the safe boot is disabled so must be somthing else
thank s

DW

Sans le Sou 21:56 22 Jan 2005

Have you done a sfc /scannow in case you have some corrupted drivers that will not allow you to boot into safemode.

Or you may have a boot sector infection.

dawnyworld 22:30 22 Jan 2005

i dont have a virus but will try sfc

is this a strange problem or ?? as io said my freinds pc wich is not online is doing the samn

hugh-265156 23:12 22 Jan 2005

if you can boot normally then try this maybe.

click 'control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings' then untick 'automatically restart' now instead of a restart when there is a problem booting etc you should see an error displayed instead, note it down exactly then try typing it into the 'search for' box top left click here

bit of long shot here but this worked for me some time ago with a similar problem getting into safe mode. download a win98SE bootdisc from click here and make a floppy then boot from it and try typing 'fixboot' and press enter.

dawnyworld 19:38 23 Jan 2005

hi i went into msconfig and activated the safeboot

but it just restared over and over till i eventually got into safe mode just the once now it is still restarting when i try to access safe mode

any ideas ???

thanks DW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?