Cant get rid of virus

TraceyRainbird 00:58 25 Nov 2014

Hi all,

I am running Mozilla Firefox and I am plagued by 'Ad by Notificatoin | Close' virus, it now has pop ups that slide in from the side and the hyperlinked words. I have followed every instruction I can find, I have ran Malware Bytes and even purchased the premium upgrade. I ran Malware in Safe Mode and it states no threats detected? I have also tried Revo Uninstall but could not see any unusual downloads. Mozilla is very slow and keeps crashing. I have reset Mozilla to default setting. and still nothing changes. Can anyone point me in a direction that might help.

Thanks

TraceyRainbird 01:03 25 Nov 2014

Oh and I forgot I am also getting the random survey pages show up when I open a new page from a legitimate link.

robintheumpteenth 01:39 25 Nov 2014

Try a System Restore to before the problem.

Press Windows Key + R and type rstrui.exe

Also try ADWCleaner

click here

TraceyRainbird 06:47 25 Nov 2014

Thanks for your help I tried that and still the same arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I probably didn't go back far enough in system restore?

BRYNIT 07:43 25 Nov 2014

This may help CLICK HERE

john bunyan 10:26 25 Nov 2014

Have you tried ADWCleaner as mentioned by robintheumpteenth ? Download, scan (takes a while), accept their recommendations, restart.

Nasumi 10:17 27 Nov 2014

I got infected by such kind of virus...I tried all means but failed. Finally I performed a factory reset...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone