cant get rid of adobe warning boxes

john the scone 09:34 30 Apr 2009

used secunia psi to fix flaws in several programs. one was adobe, everything seemed to patch ok but now everytime i try to open a webpage i get the warning box asking me if i want to allow or not allow adobe flash player to open programs. if i tick allow then lots of pages dont function and if i click dont allow eveything works fine, but i have to keep clicking dont allow several times for each page, even if i tick the box that says dont ask me again. thought i would try to disable it as an add on but that didn't work. somethings changed since the patch but dont know what, any help much appreciated, thanks
vista home premium sp1, 2.1ghz, 2gb ram, ie 8.

birdface 11:03 30 Apr 2009

Is there not something else on it that says don't show this again or something like that.It happened to me about 2 months ago and I am sure there was a little square that you could tick for it not to show again.

Maybe better to remove Flash player using the removal tool.And updating it to the latest version.

birdface 11:04 30 Apr 2009
  john the scone 11:11 30 Apr 2009

i've been clicking that option ' dont show again' as mentioned but to no effect. did download the latest version yesterday and thats when the trouble started. thought it might have something to do with internet explorer 8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?