Cant get program to appear in Firefox 'add ons'?

buel 22:26 27 Sep 2010

Hi there,
I really need some help! Im trying to get a program called 'Hide IP Platinum' to work on my friend's Firefox. The trouble was that his latest version of Firefox couldn't use Hide IP as an add on, it showed it in the list of add ons but stated that it wasn't compatible so i have tried several other earlier versions of Firefox but still Hide IP wont appear in the add ons and im unsure how to get it as an add on, if you see what i mean please?

Woolwell 23:10 27 Sep 2010

There are other programs which claim to hide IP address but I cannot see the point of them. A Google will turn them up. If you have decent firewall, etc and a dynamic IP then what is the problem. If however you are downloading from torrent, etc and are on-line all the ime then you may consider it.

buel 07:14 28 Sep 2010

Hi, thanks for that but really im after any advice as to how to get Hide Ip as an add on in Firefox, i just cant seem to find any info on how to get it in the 'add ons' on Firefox?

birdface 09:22 28 Sep 2010

Can you not just download it from the site.
It does say compatible with Firefox.
If you download it from the site it should add it to your Add-ons.

click here

buel 13:09 28 Sep 2010

ah! I think i understand now! Yes i could download from the site but i already have the full program working on the computer you see so i wanted to know if there is a way to get Firefox to 'add' it to it's add ons?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017