cant get an ip address

bently 22:41 29 Nov 2006

on my comp i did an ipconfig all and i dont have a ip adress or subnet mask or gateway. i had com cast come out to install and they cant because my comp wont renew the lease on . the modem is working and its showing a connection but i cnat connect to the internet

woodchip 22:45 29 Nov 2006

Did you load a CD for the Modem or just the Drivers then install user and password?

woodchip 22:46 29 Nov 2006

This also sounds like a Router Modem, Not just a Modem

bently 00:23 30 Nov 2006

yes comcast installed the modem. they ran a cd to install it.

bently 00:25 30 Nov 2006

they said the problem has to be with my computer im not sure what i should do

johnnyrocker 00:27 30 Nov 2006

maybe a firewall issue, you will not get an ip address until you can connect to the internet, speak to your isp provider support?

johnny

bently 04:38 30 Nov 2006

thanks i will call them tommorow and see. i dont have any firewall up i dont think. thank you so much for the advice

bently 04:58 30 Nov 2006

i have 1 more concern im wondering if this agent who installed my internet maybe doesnt know exactly what he is doing. could this be a fault on there side my isp or could it something wrong with my computer? its really my lil bro comp but since he cant connect to the internet i have to ask for him. 1 concern i have is that when he said it was the computer that maybe was messed up he said that he could send someone out with a laptop to show that its not on there end where the problem is, but if i dont have a wireless connection could he still do that or could he just get signal from someone else wireless that is around i guess what im asking is if he came out with a laptop would that really prove anything. once again i want to say thank you to everyone who is reading my post and giving me feedback it is greatly appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?