Can't get Internet Explorer

hogan8 03:16 16 Jan 2010

Just encountered a problem with IE. When I click onto the website I get messages at top as follows:
'website restore error'/'This tab has been recovered'/'we are unable to return to page you were viewing'. Can use Mozilla, have tried to d/load IE again but am running W7 and all d/loads say not compatible with W7.
Appreciate any advice thanks.

hogan8 01:56 17 Jan 2010

Thanks,I tried it but unfortunately did not work. A friend has suggested it might be a virus !!

tullie 04:29 17 Jan 2010

What AV software are you using?

gel 06:51 17 Jan 2010

Hi
Have you seen the virus warning issued by German government
See click here

Hope this helps
gel

northumbria61 07:11 17 Jan 2010

have you tried running internet explorer without the add-ons "disable add-ons"
then run each add-on one at a time to see if any of the add-ons were causing the problem.
you might have downloaded a program or software from the internet and is conflicting with IE

hogan8 15:49 17 Jan 2010

Sorry to be a bit behind on responding to the latest posts.... To summarise... I am using Windows 7, I have seen the German Govt statement.
Have tried all the things suggested but still get the same result unfortunately. Will System Restore be an option ???

northumbria61 13:31 28 Jan 2010

I would use I.E 8.0 with Windows 7 - Using add/remove programs I would un-install any previous version of I.E. and then download version 8 from the Microsoft.com web site.

northumbria61 22:35 28 Jan 2010

Should have said download I.E 8 first and SAVE then uninstall any previous version and then install new version. You could just try and update/upgrade to version 8 (ie. install over top of previous version) but any problems you had may remain. Give it a go and see what happens.

hogan8 01:26 30 Jan 2010

Eureka !! removed all files for IE and installed IE8 and working OK. Many thanks to all who contributed especially northumbria61 for prolonged support.

john810 02:35 30 Jan 2010

<a href="click here">iPhone Ringtone Maker</a> is a powerful iPhone Ringtones Maker which can not only convert mainstream audio files like WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, MP3 to iPhone ringtones in M4R format but also make iPhone ringtones from videos like AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, etc.
<a href="click here">iPhone to Mac Transfer</a>,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?