Cant get into Google!

subi 12:05 01 Feb 2007

I use Google as my first choice Search Engine, but have been unable to get into the site since last night.
Have tried with IE7 & Mozilla Firefox but no joy.
Deleted my Google Bookmarks ( Favourites ) on both Browsers & also Google Earth, as it also was giving problems, but still can't get into the search page.
If I search on Yahoo for Google, all the sites are displayed but no matter which one I click - com, co.uk, etc. no access happens!!!
All my other Bookmarks & Favouites are working okay and my ISP connection is fine.
My OS is XP Pro & my ISP is NTL/Telewest.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

birdface 12:17 01 Feb 2007

Sounds like a Cookie or firewall problem,Or try Double clicking the privacy report on status bar,Make sure that it has not been blocked.

BioBob 12:24 01 Feb 2007

Try this predictive text version of Google click here

Its working fine for me, but i and a lot of people have been having the exact same problem over the last few weeks. there were rumours of DoS attacks, Hackers etc trying to get one over on Google.. I eventually gave up trying and changed my home page to Yahoo click here but i keep Google on my favourites still.

subi 13:23 01 Feb 2007

Thanks Buteman & BioBob.
Checked Firewall & Cookies & Privacy Report but they are seem okay.
Have Bookmarked the predictive version of Google & am using Yahoo as my home page.
So far, so good.
Cheers.

birdface 16:40 01 Feb 2007

Hi, Just thought if you use C Cleaner,You have to save all the cookies that you want,and leave the rest,C Cleaner will delete any cookies not in the saved box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?