Can't get Firefox to work as browser

Myachingnerves 15:31 19 Jun 2008

Hi,
Help please:
although I've downloaded Firefox, when I try and run it, my system reverts to Internet Explorer - what can I do to allow me to browse using Firefox and IE?

Much appreciated.

ventanas 15:39 19 Jun 2008

Have you set it as the default browser.
Tools/Options/Advanced/ Always check etc.

Myachingnerves 15:52 19 Jun 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply ... but I can't find exactly what to do. I went to Tools. etc. but I can't find how to turn Firefox on.

johndrew 16:15 19 Jun 2008

Go to `Search/All Programs/Mozilla Firefox/Mozilla Firefox` and click on the Firefox icon. Firefox should then open and a further window should open telling you that Firefox is not your default browser and asking if you would like to make it so; tick the box `Always check etc` and click `Yes` to make it your default browser.

Now if you open IE you will get a similar message telling you it is not your default and asking the same question.

If you want to create a desktop shortcut for Firefox, go to `Search/All Programs/Mozilla Firefox/Mozilla Firefox` and right click the Firefox start icon and select `Create Shortcut` the shortcut will appear underneath the existing icon. Right click and move your mouse pointer to the desktop and release the button a box will appear select `Move here` and position the icon where you want it.

chub_tor 16:17 19 Jun 2008

Do you have a Firefox icon on your desktop or in the Quick Launch Toolbar? If so either one should be a shortcut that launches Firefox, then you can go to Firfox Tools and do as ventanas says.

Myachingnerves 16:19 19 Jun 2008

Thanks very much - I'll try this.
I really appreciate the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?