Can't get Belkin Network to find my Laptop, Help

daztaz 17:43 14 Mar 2006

Hi all, I have a prob with my laptop nfinding my network. It connects to the internet just fine, but cant find the other PCs on the network, even though the other PCs can find my Laptop. Any ideas as to where I have gone wrong. (Just had a new Wireless card fitted to laptop too).
thanks, Darren

ade.h 21:01 14 Mar 2006

click here and follow the steps in my 3rd post. Do they match what you have done on each network client?

daztaz 13:22 15 Mar 2006

I followed your advice, but that isn't really the problem. I have two Desktop PCs networked with wires, and 1 laptop networked wirelessly. Both the wired PCs can share and use eachothers shared folders and files etc, and they can both see and share the files on my laptop. The problem is, my Laptop can't even find the other PCs, let alone share with them. When I click on "View Workgroup Computers", on my laptop, it just beeps and nothing shows up in the window. I have checked the configuration and all seems correct, but still not getting something right. I have managed to sort this prob once before, but had to phone the Belkin helpline @ 60p per minute to do it. Thanks again for your time

ade.h 17:39 15 Mar 2006

I wasn't asking you to follow that advice, so much as asking you to tell me whether that was the exact method that you had used. It would help us to pinpoint the root of your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?