Can't Find SYMSTORE.dll

KrySTaL-KoDE 13:47 08 Jan 2003
  KrySTaL-KoDE 13:47 08 Jan 2003

Ever since I reinstalled Windows XP Home, this message box appears every time on startup. I've tried to describe it here:

Title: ccRegVfy.exe - Unable To Locate Component

Text: This application has failed to start because SYMSTORE.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This is very annoying to me and I really wish someone among you can help me out. What application do I have to reinstall in order to repair SYSSTORE.dll (whatever that is)?

I'd be much obliged if you could solve my problem.

Mac & Beth 13:52 08 Jan 2003

Common Client Registry Integrity Verifier. This is not a Task List item, it is purely a startup task which, on Windows boot-up, checks the integrity of the Windows Registry entries for Norton AntiVirus 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2003 in case they may have been modified by a hacker or a new as yet unknown virus. Once done, this task terminates.

Norton AntiVirus 2003 is the culprit

Mac & Beth 13:53 08 Jan 2003

Common Client Registry Integrity Verifier. This is not a Task List item, it is purely a startup task which, on Windows boot-up, checks the integrity of the Windows Registry entries for Norton AntiVirus 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2003 in case they may have been modified by a hacker or a new as yet unknown virus. Once done, this task terminates.

Norton AntiVirus 2003 is the culprit

Mac & Beth 13:54 08 Jan 2003

Is from Norton Internet Security or Personal Firewall

KrySTaL-KoDE 13:59 08 Jan 2003

Mac & Beth, but I am using Norton AntiVirus 2002, so how should I solve the problem? Do you think reinstalling AntiVirus would stop the annoyiong pop-up message?

Thanks for your reply, Mac & Beth

Mac & Beth 15:53 08 Jan 2003

I would certianly give it a go as it'll probably put the file back thats missing.

KrySTaL-KoDE 18:17 08 Jan 2003

Thanks, M&B. I'll give it a go. I'll let you know if I'm still having problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)