Can't find server

shizzy 21:47 03 Jun 2004

I keep getting the above and also cannot download emails at these times. Am with Tesco and cannot access their webmail either. Other times it all works fine. It has got a lot worse lately, is it their end and because it's too busy. I did email them and was told I probably had spyware and should get Adaware and Spybot but having taken the good advice on here I have had these long before joining Tesco plus Spywareblaster all updated and run pretty regular.If it was my PC I would have thought that I would have problems all the time. Anyone got any ideas please.

johnsims 22:49 03 Jun 2004

I suspct a problem with your modem making connection. Whenever you get the message, reset the modem (if external) or reboot the PC if the modem is internal. Another possibility could be that if you have a USB modem that the modem is not getting enough power to operate properly all the time.

shizzy 21:36 05 Jun 2004

Thank you for replying.
Tesco emailed me again to say they thought the problem was with the exchange. BT upped the gain but this made no difference. However when I saw Zebbydog's post about the new ZoneAlarm slowing things I decided to disable mine and enable the XP firewall for the time being and up to yet although I have only been online for about a couple of hours all told today I have had no problems but won't tick this until after Monday.that should have given it a fair test.

shizzy 22:45 08 Jun 2004

My problem hopefully is resolved by uninstalling Zone Alarm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?