Cant enter anything in XP help or Google

pinfog1 23:19 26 Oct 2004

Emachines 2.7 Ghz celeron XP Home SP1 - nearly new
I can connect to the net (via modem). I can 'follow' hyperlinks but cannot enter words into a search engine. I can't enter words into WinXP's Help and can't enter text to set-up an email account.

During many attempts, I remember seeing something about 'Script Error 30' but dont know if this is the root of the problem.

Can someone help me please?????

SEASHANTY 00:07 27 Oct 2004

Copied from another forum :-

Comment:
I continually get in IE "an error has occured in this dialog Unspecified error". What is worse is it won't allow any clicking on boxed inside a web page to type in information. This problem has also blocked usage of control panel and stops all downloading. What can I do? I have run iesetup for ie6 on the computer but did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

Subject: Script Error: 30

Reply:
You have run an online virus scan (with restore disabled) and cleaned all spyware out of your system ?
Have you tried the repair IE option ? Does it actually run ?

There was onlt the above single reply.

pinfog1 00:35 27 Oct 2004

The machine DID have a virus but according to Norton Internet Sec 2004 (updated) doesn't now.

Another thing is that I cant get into 'User Accounts' in control panel or run 'system restore'.
Disabled by a Trojan maybe?

I'll look into that tomorrow. I was just about to try kicking it but..... thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)