Can't email an access report properly

May$ 09:43 23 Aug 2004

Hi

I have a created simple database for a friend, nothing major, just a form where they can fill in some tick boxes and then email the report.

However the tick boxes won't appear when I try to email the report as a rich text file and then open it in word. Does anyone know if its possible to get around this?

I am using access 2000

Thanks!!

May$ 10:37 23 Aug 2004

Diemmess 11:01 23 Aug 2004

I don't think this is going to work for you unless he has Access too, in which case he will need a lot more than just the report.

Who is going to add the data? Unless he has Access as well, life is going to become very complicated.

If he has Word, you can convert the report and attach that as a one off report, showing ticks and all.

May$ 11:24 23 Aug 2004

Hi Diemmess

Thats exectly what I want to do!

I just want to email the report as a word document, as he has word.

How can I do this, and keep all checkboxes etc?

Thanks!

Diemmess 13:56 23 Aug 2004

I think you can only export your report as RTF, (my knowledge is more than a bit limited).

Either of two rather plodding ways could do it.... One would be for you to open your RTF file in Word, and then format it to your taste and email the result.

Another would be to set it up from scratch in Word and make it look like your own Access printed report.

Either way is labour intensive and not the neat way to go, but if you are likely to have to send another report, you can always overwrite the older saved document!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?