Cant download sonicstage software

bikerjo 21:18 26 Jun 2007

Hi

Bit new to this and not all that great with computers. Have tried loooooooooads of things to sort this but nothing has worked.

I brought a new mp33 sony nw-s202f. To put music on it i need to download sonicstage software. I just get an error message of Application Initialization failed (144)message.

If anyone could help i would be sooo greatful the idea was to use this for the gym and i have been trying to sort this for weeks and it is doing my head in. :-) Jo

ambra4 23:54 26 Jun 2007

Bikerjo

What do you mean, was it during the first download??

Application Initialization failed (144) message

You must use a broad band line, using a dial up line the download will fail

as there is 3-4 parts to the download an installation all via the internet

I do not have a Sony Mp3 player but sonic stage download an installed on my PC no problem

But it took over 45 min to 1 hour to download and install over the Internet

The first download only download the Sonic Stage Installer once you can see the icon on your desktop.

Double click on installer and a page will open in your browse for to you accept download you can also read all the information on the download & installation

After that the software is download and install on you pc via the Internet

A displays will popup showing the progress of the download and installation, if any part fails the program will not install

Let us know how you get on

click here

bikerjo 20:02 27 Jun 2007

Hi

Thank you for your reply much appreciated.
The problem is whether i try and download the software using the cd or from the website my pc crashes part way through the download. Everytime.
So i tried some of the trouble shooting on sony website and know i just get the 144 initialization error.

ambra4 13:28 02 Jul 2007

Try uninstalling the software and clean up the registry and try again

Registry Fix I use, very good program that we in the office on about 20 machine 2003 servers, XP, 2000,

You would be surprise at the amount of junk in the registry

Hope this halp

bikerjo 19:33 02 Jul 2007

Thank you i will give it a go. I take it, its a computer problem as i have an old one and managed to download it ok but bit of a pain having to change computer bases everytime i want to sort my music.

Cheers Jo :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?