Can`t download pdf`s whilst using Firefox...

GasGasOhlins 19:51 05 Dec 2006

Trying to click to download 2 owners manuals (two different sites)for my TV and DVD but when I click on each link I just get a blank page...no attempt is being made to download them..opinions please??....don`t know what to do.....???uh???

skidzy 19:55 05 Dec 2006

Firefox is not compatible with all sites,however can you post one of the pdf's links and we can check to see if your FF is the problem.

Have you tried in IE

GasGasOhlins 20:02 05 Dec 2006

Thanks for the qick reply..I was going to download IE 7 and give it a go through that......this is the link...

click here

GasGasOhlins 20:07 05 Dec 2006

Thanks for the quick reply..I was going to download IE 7 and give it a go through that......I`ll wait a while and see what you guys can come up with ? or go ahead and try ie7.....this is the link...

Thanks.......

click here

skidzy 20:12 05 Dec 2006

Ive just tried 3 times to follow the link and it froze my Firefox,had to use Task manager to stop the process.

But works fine in IE7

I have a clean system with a decent spec.

Miké 20:16 05 Dec 2006

Try this test page click here should open in your browser.

GasGasOhlins 20:16 05 Dec 2006

Thanks for that.....I`ll give it a whirl with IE7 and see what comes of it...and once again thanks for taking the time and effort to reply...(I too have a clean system with decent spec)

later.....

beynac 20:17 05 Dec 2006

I had no problem using Firefox 2.0. However, I use Foxit Reader rather than Acrobat. Perhaps that made a difference.

GasGasOhlins 20:19 05 Dec 2006

D`oh!!...don`t even know about Foxit reader...I`ll do a search on it and see what I come up with....thanks...

skidzy 20:21 05 Dec 2006

This may help click here
click here

beynac 20:29 05 Dec 2006

Link to Foxit Reader: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?