cant download my photos from my digi camera

ConnHaz 17:09 13 Feb 2007

hi i have bought a digital camera and want to download my pictures to my computer.
i have followed all the steps it asks me to do
i.e
plugged in the usb cable
it connects from the camera to the computer ok
then i choose the option to download photos to a folder and when i do this it says photos downloading but nothing is actually hapening
it then automaticlly shuts of, my computer is only new its a E.I desk top system a friend has the same computer and has no problem with theirs
i have tried a few options from the list that is shown when the camera is connected but nothing works can you help? thankyou

Belatucadrus 17:26 13 Feb 2007

More info please, what camera and what software is downloading the pictures ?

woodchip 17:34 13 Feb 2007

Press the Windows Key Plus E should bring up Explorer look at the bottom of tree for Removable drive or Camera Icon click on + until you see the Photo files right click and drag file to your folder then double click on a file to open it

jack 17:36 13 Feb 2007

I echo Belatucadrus
Also have you looked in' My computer' and spotted the new drive icon the should have come up on connecting the camera?[possibly drive 'E' if you have only C&D or another letter if other drives exist]
If so open it and the folder it contains and then the folder you wish your images to be saved to

Now go back the the camera folder
right click
click on copy
go to the saved to window right click and click on paste.
Job done.
You could also instead of clicking on copy click on cut then paste this will empty the camera memory ready for the next batch of images

jim63 17:45 13 Feb 2007

If I use memory card in external mode and open Easyshare there is no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?