Cant download Flash!!

shaneoneill 20:03 13 Nov 2006

Hi there,

I cleaned up my pc the other day using C Cleaner and Reg Scrub .. all worked fine until I tried to access You Tube. It would not allow me to view the movies unless I installed Flash - which I diid but still it doesnt work. I tried another site again needing Flash .. I followed the download link and again the PC installed Flash but the site was still unviewable.

Any ideas anyone?

Rgds,
shane

skidzy 20:04 13 Nov 2006
  BRYNIT 20:07 13 Nov 2006

You will need to uninstall flash player first click here reboot and then reinstall.

shaneoneill 20:13 13 Nov 2006

good man skidzy!

skidzy 20:15 13 Nov 2006

for some reason the filehippo link seems to cure most without the uninstallation,no idea why though.

Anotherthread with the same problem,though i do not know if they all uninstalled first click here

skidzy 20:16 13 Nov 2006

Glad to be of help Shane :-))

mikef. 20:48 13 Nov 2006

I know someone else whoi has had this problem and despite many attempts to install the latest version it never worked, she finally downloaded Flash 7 which works perfectly click here

skidzy 20:52 13 Nov 2006

strange that Mike when flash is upto 9.0.16.0,but i guess like some programs..some old work better for some.

skidzy 23:17 13 Nov 2006

please dont forget to tick resolved,this will help others in the future.

shaneoneill 19:26 16 Mar 2007

Hey Skidzy,

You helped me out with this issue before .. I did the same thing again so I repeated your advice ... however this time I am still unable to view items on You Tube .. any ideas why this is ??

Cheers,
Shane

shaneoneill 19:28 16 Mar 2007

its ok!!! seems to be working now .. thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?