can't download to CD-R

sgtdibble 18:42 07 May 2004

I have been working on my family tree and decided to backup to a cd-r but message says I do not have permission to open file ask owner or administrator for permission as I am the only user of computer I would like to know if anyone can tell me what to do to make it work--- hope someone can

woodchip 18:51 07 May 2004

If you are downloading do it to the hard drive then transfer to CDR

sgtdibble 18:55 07 May 2004

Hi Woodchip could you run through the process as i am un sure how to do that thanks Tom>>>

woodchip 19:32 07 May 2004

When you decide to do a download create a folder on your Hard Drive put your own name on the folder. when it asks you what you want to do with the file when you choose download choose save to disc the navigate to your folder and it should place the item there. you then copy past or what ever way you use to put it on disc. If you are using a formatted CD with InCD by NERO or Direct CD by Easy CD Creator you just drag the files to the CD in explorer just like a floppy disc. You can rage a shortcut of your CD drive into the Send to folder so that you can right click on a file and choose send to CD

woodchip 19:33 07 May 2004

That should be Drag not rage

sgtdibble 22:54 07 May 2004

Thanks Woodchip I'll try that tomorrow sorry for delay replying had visitors thanks again Tom>>>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?