cant download anything

carolineann 21:56 08 Nov 2003

os 98 everytime I try to download all I get is a page of weird script. help

spuds 22:33 08 Nov 2003

Do you use a downloader programme.Were you able to download with no problems before this event.What are you trying to download.Have you any anti-virus and/or spyware programmes installed.

wawadave 22:41 08 Nov 2003

hello
try a d/l manager like free spyware free one from fresh devices.

woodchip 22:46 08 Nov 2003

You may need to repair IE. If it's possible Go to Add Remove Programs double click Microsoft Internet Explorer choose Repair then try again to download

when you mean you cannot download anything.

is that every file type

or is it just zip

or exe

maybe an file type association needs changing

geekygirl 01:47 09 Nov 2003

I've got spybot, avg anti virus, and norton internet security installed. When I disable internet security, I still get the problem. I can't download free screensavers etc. I always choose "save" file rather than "open" for safety sake, but i can only get the file if i click "open".

Also if i right click to save a picture ie6 shuts down, but i can email it to myself?????
Anyone help?????

hugh-265156 02:06 09 Nov 2003

right click the download link and select "save target as"

geekygirl 02:10 09 Nov 2003

I've tried that too but ie6 still closes itself down.

geekygirl 02:17 09 Nov 2003

The file download box does appear but freezes. I can't even close it down. I have to reboot to get rid of it.

carolineann 12:51 09 Nov 2003

Thanks all.
The problem was scrundll missing from Internet Explorer I have run set up again and every thing is ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?