cant d/l digital camera

postie 22:41 21 May 2007

I have bought a PLAWA DC-200 digital camera but It has no instructions as it was 2nd hand and no disc my computer will not recognise it via the usb any ideas where I might get a usb disc from or has anyone got a spare disc

postie

woodchip 22:43 21 May 2007

Is your Computer XP? Does does it post a message when you plug it in?

Technotiger 22:50 21 May 2007

Hi, your drivers here ...

click here

skidzy 23:15 21 May 2007

If xp,drivers should not be required.
Look in My Computer,it should be listed as a removal drive.

Assuming its xp as Woodchip as pointed out.

woodchip 23:19 21 May 2007

Just a point, Sometimes XP needs the drivers for the camera. But it does pic most up without

skidzy 23:21 21 May 2007

Possibly woodchip,though ive never needed them..well thats a lie actually,i did when on sp1.

if postie could confirm if SP1 or 2 thats maybe a guideline.

postie 11:33 22 May 2007

I am running XP home OK I am thick but what is SP1 or SP2 ? just to let you know it does not show up on computer when plugged into USBas a drive in fact it shows nothing except to ask if I have a disc to install with

Totally-braindead 11:54 22 May 2007

SP1 and SP2 are the Microsoft service packs, basically what they are asking is, is your computer up to date with the Microsoft updates to Windows?
If you goto Control Panel and then click on System it will tell you what operating system you have, yours should say Windows XP Home and underneath it should say either SP1 or SP2.

What happens if you try to install the camera without the disk, does it just search and not find anything?

BigAl127 11:55 22 May 2007

SP1 is Service Pack 1. Likewise SP2 is Service pack 2

postie 16:05 22 May 2007

Tottally braindead ===Yes it does a search looking for the camera and then asks if I have a disc

Technotiger I dont see anythiong for a camera mostly for video and sound thanks for the help anyway

postie

ventanas 16:13 22 May 2007

I think this camera may take SD cards. If so just buy a card reader and forget about connecting the camera to the pC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?