Can't disable pop-up blocking - please help

bezics 12:37 01 Nov 2006

Hi,

I've recently purchased an HP Pavillion laptop, and have been using it to connect to the internet via broadband. The problem is that I can't disable pop-up blocking. I know that in most cases this is desirable, but sometimes, some websites do legitimately use pop-ups to open second windows etc. I'm just using the preinstalled Internet Explorer to browse the web, in which I have disabled the built in pop-up blocker. Also, Internet Explorer came preinstalled with Google Toolbar, in which I have again disabled the pop-up blocker. There are no other third party toolbars installed (such as Yahoo etc). I am currently using McAfee Internet Security 2007, and again, I have disabled the pop-up blocker under 'Internet and Network' protection. However, I still can't gain control over which pop-ups I want to see- I still get a message in the very bottom left corner of Internet Explorer saying something similar to 'Pop-ups are blocked'. As all the other software I use is preinstalled, I can't think what could be blocking the pop-ups. Can anyone suggest what might be blocking them?

VoG II 12:40 01 Nov 2006

Have you tried pressing CTRL when clicking a link to open a pop-up?

bezics 12:09 02 Nov 2006

OK, thanks for your help, that's great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?